Lehigh Cement develops sustainable blended PLC for Canadian prairiesadmin
Lehigh Hanson has launched EcoCem PLUS at its Edmonton cement plant in Alberta, Canada. EcoCem PLUS is an progressive blended Portland Limestone Cement (PLC) out there in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Lehigh’s newest cement product supplies energy and sturdiness whereas considerably decreasing the carbon footprint in concrete. Together with supporting the corporate’s imaginative and prescient of sustainable cement and concrete, EcoCem PLUS supplies the next advantages to its shoppers:
- EcoCem PLUS is produced by inter-grinding clinker, fly ash, limestone and gypsum.
- Combining supplies on the Edmonton cement plant supplies the very best degree of high quality management and assures our clients, engineers and end-users constant proportions.
- EcoCem PLUS outperforms conventional HS cement in resisting sulphate assault, a typical concern discovered all through the prairies. Designated as HSLb by CSA (Excessive Sulphate Limestone Blended), its superiority makes it supreme to be used in most functions.
- All-in-one product reduces the necessity for added silos and coordination of a number of deliveries at concrete crops and mission websites.
- By way of Lehigh’s sturdy community of terminals and uncooked materials provide, EcoCem PLUS supplies clients a steady provide of cement and fly ash.
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for EcoCem PLUS clearly states the quick discount in International Warming Potential (GWP) versus different sorts of cement.
“The motivation behind the EcoCem model of merchandise is to cut back the embodied carbon of cement and concrete,” stated Shawn McMillan, Vice President of Cement for Lehigh Hanson’s Canada Area. “The introduction of EcoCem PLUS to the Prairie market builds on our dedication to offering environmentally accountable sorts of cement that ship wonderful efficiency whereas dramatically decreasing CO2 emissions.”
In line with the corporate, EcoCem PLUS can decrease the carbon footprint by greater than 22 % (-184kg CO2-eq) as in comparison with Lehigh’s Common Use (GU) cement and 32 % (-308.5kg CO2-eq) in comparison with the present business common GU cement when evaluating EPDs.
HeidelbergCement, Lehigh Cement’s world mother or father firm, has dedicated to decreasing 30% of its carbon emissions by 2025 and offering carbon-neutral concrete by 2050. EcoCem PLUS is the newest of a number of new merchandise not too long ago developed to assist obtain these targets.